HKIArb has been proactively promoting the development of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) since 1996 in various dimensions. In gist, we promote the use and development of ADR in Hong Kong, Greater China regions, Asia-Pacific and worldwide such as Australia and Africa.
We achieve the targets for promoting the use by government, public, commercial sectors and legal practitioners as well as institutional development of ADR through the following means:
- As founding members of Regional Arbitration Institutes Forum (RAIF) to promote the use, best practices and professional development of arbitration, mediation and ADR in the regions, especially in Asia Pacific through strategic alliances with various founding institutes and professional bodies.
- As founding members of Greater China Arbitration Forum (GCAF) to promote the use, best practices and professional development of arbitration, mediation and ADR in the regions, especially in Greater China regions through strategic alliances with various founding institutes and professional bodies.
- Support Department of Justice (DOJ) in consultation and development of Hong Kong Arbitration Ordinance (Cap. 609), Hong Kong Mediation Ordinance (Cap. 620), draft Bill of Security of Payments Legislation for Hong Kong under the leadership of Development Bureau, various related consultation by DOJ or professional institutes regarding ADR related such as Apology Ordinance, Third Party Funding for Arbitration and Mediation etc.
- Collaborate with our institutional collaborators that include various universities, arbitration bodies, mediation bodies, ADR communities.
- Support the development of ADR in specific areas such as Copyrights, Intellectual Property Rights, Construction industry as well as Maritime and Shipping industry.
- Provide professional training to members in Hong Kong, Greater China and world-wide including, but not limited to, Entry/Commercial Arbitration Course, Fellowship Assessment Programme, Adjudication Training and Assessment Programme and professional enhancement programs to accredited mediators.
- Conducting seminars, workshops and conference to promote ADR.
- Establishing network and strategic alliance with Asia-African Legal Consultative Organization (AALCO) and other leading global ADR organizations to promote Hong Kong as ADR Hub.