About the Webinar
Advancements in Generative Artificial Intelligence with the likes of ChatGPT going mainstream, and the establishment of AALCO Hong Kong Regional Arbitration Centre by international law under the auspices of inter government organization AALCO with 47 member states comprising of most countries in Asia and Africa with >US$26 trillion in combined GDP and two-thirds of the world’s population, brings new opportunities to life for economies, people, businesses, the legal profession and arbitrators alike. Learn more at this exclusive HKIArb.
- Gaining some basic understanding of Generative AI;
- Illustrating Generative AI with OpenAI projects/programmes like ChatGPT;
- Identifying opportunities and potential disputes concerning Generative AI;
- Learning about AALCO, an inter government organization established in 1956 with permanent observer seat at the United Nations;
- Learning about the AALCO disputes settlement system; and
- Learning about AALCO Hong Kong Regional Arbitration Centre, the Centre’s Arbitration Rules, ODR platform and unique opportunities therefrom.
About the Speaker
Mr. Nicholas HF Chan
Nick Chan, Medal of Honour, Justice of the Peace, the Director leading the operations of AALCO Hong Kong Regional Arbitration Centre, is an inter-disciplinary lawyer with technology background who chaired the Knowledge Transfer Committee at HKUST, and serves as lawmaker and policy-setter as an elected Hong Kong Deputy to the National People’s Congress. Mr. Chan served as Chairman of eBRAM International Online Dispute Resolution Centre where he spearheaded the ODR Platform development and LegalCloud development, and he served as Chairman of the Standing Committee on Compliance of The Law Society of Hong Kong. Mr. Chan is a member of the Communications Authority, a member of the HKSAR Government’s Committee on Innovation, Technology and Industry, a member of the HKSAR Government’s Innovation and Technology Venture Fund Advisory Committee, a Council Member of CUHK, a Court Member of HKUST, the Vice Chairman of InnoTech Committee of The Law Society of Hong Kong, the Chairman of the Legal Committee of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, the Honorary Legal Advisor of the Federation of Hong Kong Industries, and he served as Visiting Fellow at CityU teaching LawTech, entrepreneurship, innovation and SmartCity.