John specialises in international arbitration, cross-border investigations and other dispute resolution matters with an Asia focus.
He has represented clients on a wide range of international commercial and investment arbitrations, including a number of complex billion-dollar arbitrations. John has also handled numerous investigations and regulatory/compliance matters, including a number of sensitive, high-profile matters that have resulted in successful resolutions.
John is a Fellow of the UK Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and sits on a number of arbitration committees and organisations. He is author or Editor of books published by Oxford University Press and Sweet & Maxwell, and is also a General Arbitration Editor of the Hong Kong White Book. John is an adjunct professor with The University of Hong Kong LLM in Arb course.
- Fellow, UK Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- International Chamber of Commerce
- SIAC Users Council National Committee (Hong Kong)
- Singapore country rapporteur, ICC Task Force on the New York Convention
- Founding member, HK45 arbitration group
- Director, HK Arbitration Charity Ball
- Solicitor, Hong Kong
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Advocate and solicitor, Singapore (currently a non-practising member)
- DipICArb, UK Chartered Institute of Arbitrators